[Main Storyline - Ground Zero]
For reasons unknown, the Infected we thought we understood have undergone a dramatic transformation. Clues point to Mouth Town as the epicenter of this crisis. Survivors, accept your new mission from Scientia Guard Captain Heider and travel with him to Mouth Town to save his dear friend Catherine. Face the latest Infection Crisis head-on and gradually uncover its secrets. Meanwhile, the mystery of "Ground Zero" is about to be revealed...
1. From Nov. 17 to Dec. 16, Survivors can obtain Trial Rewards once they accept the Story Quest;
2. From Nov. 17 to Dec. 16, Survivors can obtain generous rewards from the Federation once they complete each Chapter.
3. The Federation will provide logistics and supplies for Survivors participating in the operation. In the scenario, the durability consumption of weapons and gear will be reduced, ammo consumption will be reduced by 100% when replenishing ammo, and combat mastery acquisition will be reduced by 100%. Drone durability consumption will be reduced by 100%.
[The Distorted Infected & New Combat Mechanics]
An unexpected distortion has birthed a new type of virus spore, with double nuclei. These spores will try to take control of the minds of their hosts, allowing them to enter a Distorted State during combat. Distorted Infected make for even fiercer foes.
The Distorted Infected will gradually accumulate Distortion Points during Combat. Once these points reach a certain level, they enter a Distorted State, transform into a very different form, and gain high Damage Reduction effects. Their Distortion Core is their new Weakspot.
In the Distortion State, the Distorted Infected's skills change dramatically, and they can use Distortion Abilities. Survivors must use their Auxiliary Weapon at the right moment to Counterattack. A successful Counterattack will interrupt their Distortion Skill and let them enter a short period Feeble State, at which point, their Damage Taken will be increased.
While in the Distortion State, attacking and counterattacking the Distorted Infected will gradually reduce their Distortion Points. Once their Distortion reaches 0, the Distorted Infected will enter a Paralyzed State and gradually revert to their original form. Their Damage Taken will be significantly increased while in a Paralyzed State.
Survivors can use their Auxiliary Weapons in a new way when fighting against the Distorted Infected:
When the Infected use their Distortion Skills, Auxiliary Weapon skills will be replaced with corresponding Block Counterattack/Interrupt Counterattack skills at specific moments during the Distortion process.
When using Block Counterattack, Survivor will be immune to the damage of that Distortion Skill, and launch a fierce Counterattack. This counterattack can interrupt the Infected's Distortion Skills.
When using Interrupt Counterattack, Survivor will quickly swing their Auxiliary Weapon, launching a fierce Counterattack on the Distorted Infected. This Counterattack can interrupt the Infected's Distortion Skills.
After the Distortion Skills are successfully interrupted, the Distorted Infected will enter a Feeble State for a period of time.
In Area Operations - Crusade Mode, Distorted Infected with Mutation Attributes will appear. Mutated Distorted Infected will activate extra Mutation Attributes (Brimstone, Spores, Crystalized, Corrupt) when in their Distorted State. So, Survivor, stay sharp and be careful out there!
Some of the existing Combat Settings related to Auxiliary Weapon Counterattack mechanics have been adjusted. These include:
a. The Mutated Distorted Infected's Weakspot is its Infection Plexus rather than its head. This Plexus will be affected by all headshot-related effects; some Special Infected's original Weakspot mechanics do not work on the Distorted Infected; new effects for Warrior talents when inflicting critical attacks on the Distorted Infected when in a Distorted State have been added.
b. Mutation Core - Lightning Blades, can be used as an Auxiliary Weapon when the dual blades are activated.
The arrival of the Distorted Infected have created a new Survival Crisis. How should Survivors tackle these fresh challenges? Ever wished for an experienced mentor to guide you through these tough times? Introducing the all-new Budding Plan! We'll help you find the perfect Mentor or Apprentice, so you can band together, and support each other in this challenging wasteland.
1. Servers with a World Level higher than 75 can unlock the Budding Plan, and eligible Survivors can unlock the Budding Mentor or Budding Apprentice status.
2. Survivors can post their Mentor or Apprentice invitations on the Budding Plan page, inviting other Survivors to form a Mentor-Apprentice relationship.
3. Once a mentorship is established, the Apprentice must accomplish Five Growth Goals. Some goals require the Mentor and the Apprentice to complete together; once a growth goal is completed, both the Apprentice and the Mentor will receive substantial rewards.
4. Once all growth goals are met, the Mentor and Apprentice can take part in a graduation ceremony together and receive generous graduation rewards; Anniversary Gifts and other rewards will also be triggered at the Graduation Anniversary.
5. Besides growth goals, Mentors and Apprentices can trigger all sorts of fun double interactions; Share your post-apocalyptic survival tips and let the seeds of hope sprout!
6. The personal profile social display page has been updated. Budding Plan info has now been added. Players can toggle whether to show or hide this information via the Privacy Settings.
The Distorted Infected have appeared! Come and experience the all-new combat mechanic - Counterattack! Not yet mastered the art of Counterattacking with your Auxiliary Weapon? Come practice in the Endless Trials!
1. From Nov. 17 to Dec. 16, the Endless Trials event will be available, Survivors with Combat level 15 can participate in Endless Trials - Trial Tutorials and Challenges to earn generous rewards.
2. In Endless Trials, the Distorted Special Infected will use their Distortion Skills more frequently. Quick, Survivors, come and learn how to use your Auxiliary Weapons to Interrupt and Counterattack.
3. During the Endless Trials event, Survivors will be ranked within their tier based on the number of Endless Trials floors cleared and the total time spent clearing those floors. The higher the floor and the shorter the time, the higher the rank within the tier.
[New Level and Upgrade Pace Optimization]
<Growth Boost, Overall Burden Reduction>
To reduce the burden of upgrading and give lower-level Survivors a development boost, the Federation will now provide a Growth Boost for all Survivors who have reached Lv. 20 in Gathering, Crafting, and Combat.
1. The Growth Boost program is divided into 5 stages: Talent Dash (Lv. 20-69), Talent Development (Lv. 70-79), Expert Dash (Lv. 80-109), Expert Development (Lv. 110-119), and Master Development (Lv. 120 and above).
2. In each stage, after completing the corresponding quests, Survivors can claim growth benefits.
1) Dash: These stages focus on allowing Survivors to rapidly level-up. Survivors enjoy increased Mastery efficiency and reduced upgrade duration.
2) Growth: These stages focus on boosting combat power. The Growth Benefits quests will provide a wealth of rewards, including Trial Gear, Special Research Material, Serums, Accessory Materials, Cores, Formula Shards, New Dollars, Skill Points, and more.
<Upgrade Pace Optimization>
1. To reduce the burden of leveling-up and provide Survivors with a better experience, the World-level rules are adjusted as follows:
1) Added a Dash Speed-Up Bonus. For Survivors in the Talent Development (Lv. 20-69) and Expert Development (Lv. 80-109) stages, they will enjoy a Speed-Up Bonus, regardless of whether they are above the world level or not.
2) Adjusted the World Level Bonus to accommodate the new Dash Speed-Up; the new World Level Bonus will reach its maximum value when the difference between Mastery Level and World Level is 15; then the new World Level Bonus will be overlaid by the Dash Bonus.
3) Adjusted Server World Level rules. Increased some servers' World Levels so that the World Level can better reflect the actual situation in the server.
2. In order to give Survivors a greater degree of control, when reaching Lv. 79 and Lv. 119, a manual upgrade must be performed.
Once they meet the upgrade requirements, Survivors can choose to manually upgrade in the Talent interface, thus advancing to the next Growth Boost stage.
If a Survivor chooses not to upgrade, the excess Mastery will be stored (there is a storage limit).
To reduce the burden on Survivors during the upgrade process, we have simplified and optimized Formula Special Research, Manor upgrade Materials, Gear Materials, and Exclusive Accessories for low and mid-level Survivors.
1. Reduced Special Research Materials:
For Gear Formulas from Lv. 30-60, Alloy Nuts are now the required Special Research Material. For Lv. 70-100, Special Resistors are now the required Special Research Material. All Fine Gears and Dry Cells that Survivors already have in their inventories will be converted into an equal-value quantity of Alloy Nuts. Likewise, Combined Screws, Mechanical Cores, Micro Reagents, and Fine Lenses will be converted into an equal-value amount of Special Resistors. Drops from stages and Special Research Material Optional Chests will also be adjusted accordingly.
2. Reduced Manor Upgrading Burden:
Reduced the required upgrade materials for medium and low-level manor. Survivors who've already upgraded will receive a material rebate based on their manor level.
3. Reduced Gear Materials:
Sticky Cobwebs and Strange Metal will be converted into an equal-value amount of Dormant Insect Eggs; Infected Feathers, Special Parts, Elastic Rubber, and Soft Hide will be converted into an equal-value amount of Venomous Bee Stingers.
4. Optimized Exclusive Accessories:
1) Rare Accessory drop optimization: After the update, the Muzzles and Knobs previously dropped in Stages will be removed, and replaced by Special Components. The drop probability will also be increased; Different levels of Special Components can be freely exchanged for tradeable Light Muzzles, Heavy Muzzles and Knobs in the Exchange Shop. Survivors can exchange rare components according to their needs, and all the rare Accessories exchanged using Special Components can be traded. Grade I-III Accessories can be exchanged with low-level components, Grade IV-VII Accessories can be exchanged with intermediate components, and Grade VIII, IX, X, XI Accessories can be exchanged respectively with Advanced, Premium, Super, and Ultimate components.
2) General Component Optimization: After the update, General Components will be available in the Daily Duty Point Chests, and the Ownerless Treasure Chests granted after completing stages will always include General Components. The variety of General Components is reduced, with exchange rules for different levels of General Components being consistent with Special Components. Low-level components can be used to exchange for Grade I-III Accessories; Intermediate components can be used to exchange for Grade IV-VII Accessories; Advanced, Premium, Super and Ultimate components can be used to exchange for Grade VIII, IX, X, and XI Accessories. The required amount of General Components for exchange has also been adjusted accordingly. General Components held by Survivors will be converted to new General Components of different levels based on the adjusted exchange rate. Components that are less than one after conversion will be counted as one. You can view the specific conversion ratio in the Accessory Exchange Shop description.
<New Level Cap Unlocked>
1. Gathering, Crafting, and Combat Mastery level cap increased to 145, Manor level cap increased to 29.
2. New Lv. 140 gear added, including G3 Automatic Rifle, Stoner Sniper Rifles, Spinner Howitzer, Desert Eagle Dualies, Alloy Tomahawk, Abyssal Armor, Abyssal Helm, and Lv. 11 Shield; Survivors can obtain them from Fusion VI and Lv. 140 Exclusive Fusion after reaching Crafting Level 140.
3. Added Grade XI Accessories. There is a chance of obtaining Grade XI Accessories from the Advanced Ownerless Treasure Chests granted after clearing Area Operations of level 140 and above.
4. The maximum Research Level for both Lv. 140 Gear and Lv. 145 Evolution Gear is now 35.
[Area Operation Rule Adjustment]
Daily Mission Adjustments:
1. Daily Missions will be divided into 3 categories: Crusade Mode, Normal Mode, and Crystal Hunt; Elite Mode and Mutation Mode will be removed and replaced with a combined Crusade Mode, with rewards combined;
2. Daily Reward chances are reduced, and the reward distribution will be more concentrated. The overall rewards obtained after clearing a Stage will be better, and there will be an increased chance of obtaining Ownerless Treasure Chests. Area Operation Normal Modes will be unlocked when your Gathering Level reaches 10, and you can obtain the Clearance Rewards once every day. Unlock Crystal Hunt Mode when Survivor Gathering Level reaches 15. Can obtain 1 clearance reward per day. The Area Operation Crusade Mode will be unlocked when your Gathering Level reaches 35, and you can obtain the Crusade Mode rewards once every day.
3. Stages now adapt to all levels: All Daily Mission stages will adapt to all level stages. Survivors can select any stage to experience in Normal Mode. Rewards for the same difficulty stage are the same across different level stages.
4. Stage Reward Accumulation: Daily Mission stage rewards can be accumulated for up to 3 days, with Crusade Mode, Crystal Hunt, and Normal Mode accumulating separately. You can challenge corresponding Stages multiple times to claim the accumulated rewards.
5. Rating rewards have now been removed from Daily Missions; Clearing Normal and Crusade Mode stages will be considered to be SS grade, and all rewards can be claimed directly.
6. Daily Mission Update: Fall Secret Path, Golden Desert, Black Mire, and Hillside Stronghold have been affected by the new virus spores in the world of LifeAfter, and the Distorted Infected have appeared in these areas. Survivors will face brand new challenges here, and those who successfully clear the stages can also receive extra Distorted Infected Challenge Rewards.
7. Daily Missions Temporarily Closed: Hope Valley, Ghost Stronghold, Mystery Path, Highland Factory, Black Pearl Castle, Magma Cavern, Redwood Tea Party, and Island Reef areas will be temporarily closed and not open to the public.
Weekly Missions Adjustment:
1. Weekly Missions will be divided into Crusade Mode and Normal Mode. Mutation Mode will be replaced by Crusade Mode.
2. Weekly Missions Normal Mode will be unlocked when your Gathering Level reaches 42, and you can obtain Clearance Rewards twice per week. Snow Hunt will be added to Normal Mode once your Gathering Level reaches 48, sharing the same attempt limit. At the same time, Weekly Mission Crusade Mode will also be unlocked, and you can obtain Crusade Mode rewards once per week.
3. Stages now adapt to all levels: All Weekly Mission stages will adapt to all level stages. Survivors can select any stage to experience in Normal Mode. Rewards for the same difficulty stage are the same across different level stages.
4. Weekly Missions Update: The Power Plant and the brand-new stage Abyss Forbidden Zone have been affected by the new virus spores in the world of LifeAfter, and the Distorted Infected have appeared in these areas. Survivors will face brand new challenges here, and those who successfully clear the stages can also receive extra Distorted Infected Challenge Rewards.
5. Weekly Missions Temporarily Closed: Monastery, Control Building, Darkest Prison, Hero Park, Levin City Stadium, and Beginning will be temporarily closed and not open to the public.
Federation Operation Adjustments:
1. Federation Operations will be divided into Crusade Mode and Normal Mode. Mutation Mode will be replaced by Crusade Mode;
2. Federation Operation Normal Mode will be unlocked when your Gathering Level reaches 82, and Crusade Mode will be unlocked when your Gathering Level reaches 85. Defeating different Special Infected in each mode will grant 1 corresponding reward per mode.
3. Federation Operation Normal Mode will also adapt to all levels. Rewards for the same difficulty stage are the same across different level stages.
4. Due to the new viral spores that have infiltrated the world of LifeAfter, after the update on Nov. 17, only The Spider Nest Problem will be available.
1. After the update on Nov. 17, Today's Objective will be refreshed. Please make sure you claim all rewards for tasks completed before the update.
1. 7-day Return Quests will be available for Survivors returning after the update on Nov. 17. Experience the new expansion pack content while completing objectives to earn bountiful rewards.
1. Outfit Rebate: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, purchase the new sale Outfit - Techno Maverick and get a chance to enjoy a full Credit rebate during the event!
2. Companion: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 22, new players and returning players will receive a 14-day exclusive tag during the event! Team up with them to obtain event points and exchange for new looks! The Points Draw will also be available each week. Who will be the lucky Survivor to receive 1 million Gold Bars?
3. Fusion Chance Up: From Nov. 17 to Nov. 30, the fusion chance of Weapon Formulas will be increased for a limited time. Weapons of new levels will be added to the prize pool, with higher chances! The first 5x Fusion every day will be offered at half price. In addition, the more times you fuse, the higher the chance of obtaining Collector's Edition Weapon Skins. This probability will continue to increase until you receive a new Collector's Edition Weapon Skin!
4. 2x Mastery: From Nov. 18 to Dec. 1, complete Daily Quests during the event to obtain 2x Mastery.
5. Team Up to Win Outfits: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 14 Survivors can choose one from 25 permanent outfits and activate the Dream Outfit task. Complete daily tasks to earn points, and once you've reached a certain amount, you can claim your desired Outfit, Autumnal Windmill Cabinet, and other items for free! The new exclusive Outfit - Snowfield Adventure will also be available during this event. Bring your dream oufit back to your wardrobe!
6. Joint Siege: The number of participants in the Joint Siege exceeded our expectations, and we've addressed the lag issues by expanding our servers. As compensation, the Trade Federation has provided Survivors with Amplifiers for unlimited output, for no ammo/energy cost. Joint Siege will also be extended by another week. We hope that all Survivors can unite to resist Heimdall's counterstrike!
7. Serpent Shotgun: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, the Serpent Shotgun will be available. Consume Federation Checks to obtain rare items including the brand-new weapon Torn Blueprint: Serpent Shotgun Collector's Edition, new Shotgun Core: Chain Reaction, Skin: Steel Shield Collector's Edition and more. Upon entering the event for the first time, Survivors will randomly see either the new or old version of the view and can switch between their preferred views.
8.Serpent Shotgun Double Gift: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, obtain Formula: Bionic Serpent Shotgun to enjoy double the gifts. Gift No.1: Shotgun Special Research Assistance: While the bonus is effective, there is no daily limit on the number of times that Advanced Materials can be used as a substitute in Special Research. When the Survivor's Special Research level is no higher than that of the Lead-Shove Shotgun, the Bionic Serpent Shotgun Special Research enjoys 20% off, to a minimum cost of 1 once the discount is applied. Gift No. 2: Special Research Upgrade Rebate. Obtain the Formula: Bionic Serpent Shotgun and satisfy the requirements in Special Research to claim rich rewards.
9. Perseus Returns: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, Deer under the Stars will be available. Consume Federation Checks to obtain rare items including Vehicle: Deer under the Stars, War Song, Collector's Edition Skin: Red Lotus and more.
10. Flower Language: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, Flower Language will be available. Purchase with Federation Checks for a chance to obtain rare furniture including Flower Language Theme Plan Box, Spinning Blossom Stage, Time Phone Booth and more.
11. Limited-Time Pack: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, limited-time packs will be available in the Benefits Sale and Mall event packs. Come and take a look.
12. Disc. Market: From Nov. 23 to Nov. 30, if the total value of any purchase in the Disc. Market reaches a certain level, a discount will be deducted from the original price. Applicable to all items in the Disc. Market. Items available in the Disc. Market refresh every day.
13. Lucky Gift Box: From Nov. 23 to Dec. 7, Maple Melody will be available. Consume Federation Checks to obtain rare items including Outfit: Maple Melody, Drone Skin: Fireborn King Kong, Collector's Edition Skin: Red Hot Bee and more.
14. Consumer Squad: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, team up to form a Consumer Squad and accumulate squad points from Serpent Shotgun, Maple Melody, Perseus Returns, Flower Language and other events to unlock rich rewards!
15. Duo Training: Duo Training will be available from Nov. 17 to Nov. 30. Survivors can invite a friend to train with them. Complete the designated quests to get Mastery and Silver Bells. Survivors can also get extra rewards from Caravan Support.
16. Caravan Market: From Nov. 17 to Dec. 1, Flower Shop Umbrella, Hanging Floral Screen and other furniture decorations will be available for a limited time in the Caravan Market! Participate in the training event and collect Training Tokens to exchange for items including Formula Shards and more!
1. In the rewards for Crystal Hunt and Snow Hunt, the Mutation Core Chest - Freeze will now be periodically switched out for the Mutation Core Chest - Burn.
2. The difficulty levels of Bounty Hunt and Camp Challenge Arena have been merged to allow Survivors to challenge them together. The rewards for each difficulty level will be issued based on the best reward in the merged difficulty.
3.Sign in for Rewards changes: Replaced the 13th day reward with the Aromatherapy Bath Pack in the reward display, and combined the 13th day reward with the 12th day reward to create a Sign-in Box, which can be claimed after signing in on the 12th day.